In 2003 the sexologist/pederast Vern Bullough, an editor of Paidika: The Journal of Paedophilia
had this to say about his idol John Money:
- "John Money has been a dominant voice in sexology in the last part of the 20th century, breaking new ground in a wide variety of areas. In the process, he has been cantankerous, outspoken, and ever willing to do battle, but also original and thought provoking. This paper begins with an examination of science in general, moves on to psychology and sexology, and then examines Money's contributions to sexology in some detail. The latter are many and varied, including the development of the concept of gender, his theory of gender identity based on his work with intersex individuals, the John-Joan case, and his importance in establishing transsexualism as a diagnostic category and an academic discipline."
- "While Money’s conclusions about the best approach to sexual matters merely raised eyebrows in the mid-1970s, they provoked outrage at the dawn of the more conservative 1980s, when Money ventured into areas of which even some of the most adventurous sexual explorers were leery. In 1986, Money published Lovemaps, an exhaustive study of such practices as sadomasochism, coprophilia, amputation fetishes, autostrangulation, and various other behaviors that he called, not perversions, but “paraphilias,” in an effort to destigmatize and decriminalize them. The topic of pedophilia became a particular interest, and one that Money took obvious delight in publicly espousing.
A childhood sexual experience,” he explained to Time magazine in April 1980, “such as being the partner of a relative or of an older person, need not necessarily affect the child adversely.” He granted an interview to Paidika, a Dutch journal of pedophilia, which carries ads for the North American Man-Boy Love Association and other pro-pedophile groups. “If I were to see the case of a boy aged ten or twelve who’s intensely attracted toward a man in his twenties or thirties, and the relationship is totally mutual, and the bonding is genuinely totally mutual, then I would not call it pathological in any way,” he told the journal, and added, “It’s very important once a relationship has been established on such positive and affectionate grounds that it should not be broken up precipitously.” In 1987, Money wrote an admiring foreword to an unusual volume published in Denmark entitled Boys and Their Contacts with Men. By Dutch professor Theo Sandfort, the book presented what purported to be verbatim testimonials of boys as young as eleven years old rhapsodically describing the delights of sex with men as old as sixty. “For those born and educated after the year 2000,” Money wrote, “we will be their history, and they will be mystified by our self-important, moralistic ignorance of the principles of sexual and erotic development in childhood.” Money concluded his foreword with the proclamation “It is a very important book, and a very positive one.” "
- Bauserman, Money, Bullough and Constantine-Rind et al. cite pedophile-friendly authorities such as Bauserman, Kinsey, Money, Bullough, and Constantine as child sex authorities. In 1991, writing for The Journal of Homosexuality, Bauserman approved of promoting man-boy sex in "Male Intergenerational Intimacy." In an interview in Paidika: The Journal of Paedophilia, professor emeritus John Money, a Johns Hopkins pediatric psychoendocrinologist and Penthouse Forum consultant, called for an organized crusade to end age of consent laws.5,6 It was John Money who promoted the word "paraphilias" in order to refer to aberrant sexual conduct such as necrophelia, sexual sadism, bestiality, coprophilia, urophilia and pedophilia in a manner less clear and offensive to readers.
Dr. Money was miffed when age of consent laws in the US changed from 16 to 18:
- 1991 Spring: Paidika: The Journal of Paedophilia: John Money stated that pedophilia is an "overflow of parental pairbonding
into erotic pairbonding." He created his sexual disorders clinic
to give "leeway to judges" to free pedophiles. American
University's pedophile president, Richard Berendzen, became
"physically and psychologically sound" after three weeks at
Holding pedophilia as normal, Money advocates the end to age of consent laws and suggests the legalization of sex by pedophiles when "consent" of the child victim was obtained. Money stated, "If I were to see the case of a boy aged 10 or 11 who's intensely erotically attracted toward a man in his 20s or 30s, if the relationship is totally mutual, and the bonding is genuinely totally mutual, then I would not call it pathological in any way"
- ...pedophilia as defined by John Money: Paedophilia is...affectional paedophilia in layman's terms...the straight forward affectional attraction to children... a paedophilic attraction to children...an overflow of parental pairbonding into erotic pair bonding... The affectional relationship, in male paedophilia at least, is a fatherly relationship...with erotic or lover-lover pairbonding...a combination of affectionate love as well as the lust factor...[until] puberty. (Paidika: The Journal of Paedophilia)
failed theory of Gender and Gender Identity have proliferated at a rate that even he could not have foreseen.
In effort to see his "Consensual Pedophilia" dreams (that with which finally got him and his Gender Identity clinic closed at Johns Hopkins) to proliferate along the same line as Gender Identity, Dr. Money took his paraphilias to the ultimate level, later claiming that loving/intimate sex between two adults in and of itself was a paraphilia (Normophilic):
It may seem that Gender Identity theory and Consensual Pedophilia theory are on different train tracks running in different directions, but a closer look reveals they are different cars on the same track running in the same direction pulled by the same engine: Dr. John Money. Money's Gender Identity theories linguistically used/abused sex roles to biologically uncouple masculinity from male and femininity from female and has successfully done so. In the same vein Dr. John Money (and his pedo-sexologist/psychologist cohorts) worked to unfasten pedophilia from perversion by normalizing it by leveling ALL sexual engagements as abnormal. And as biology is now being lawfully eroded in the name of a known pedophile, based on the faulty theories of that same pedophile, all opening doors and rolling out red carpets for other pedophiles and sexual predators, the worst of Dr. John Money has yet to come.