Change Your World-NOT your Body

Monday, December 9, 2013

Female Dysphoria-OB/GYN Fears-An Ongoing Conversation

I received this kind email from one of my favourite queens:
First off, thanks a bunch Petie, I'm grateful for your well wishes. Over all have been recovering nicely, other than over extending myself Saturday with trying to Xmas shop and paying for it!

I post this because of what Petie says here: I fought with her to not let her butch identity override the needs of her female body. Living in a world that forces and reinforces the hatred of all things female and anything associated with female, it is scarily almost natural for any female who does not or cannot comply with the Gender Straight Jacket, to feel alienated from her body. That alienation ranges from uncomfortableness to hatred, all of which can fluctuate periodically.

I post this because THIS is a conversation we need to continue, because no matter where you are in your level of female body shame, that female body still needs to be cared for, ESPECIALLY if you notice something is wrong. I waited more than TWO years to get medical attention, TWO years of my quality of life slowly eroding all because I couldnt fathom going to an OB/GYN. I was lucky, my situation was fixable, granted its a slow road back to full health. But I have known and read plenty through the years of Butch women, who like me waited and waited and waited. But unlike me, their tumor/s werent non cancerous, theirs killed them because they were beyond help.

If you think something is wrong, find someone you trust more than life itself, tell them, let them help and support you and get you to a doctor. There is NO shame in being female, the only shame is in hating our sex to such a degree it creates a shame in being female.

dirt


Share:

4 comments:

  1. Thank you again, Dirt. You do all females a huge service by speaking out.

    Glad you are healing okay - I overdid after my surgery too but you can't keep a good woman down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When the dog bites,
    When the bee stings,
    When I'm feeling sad,
    I simply remember my favourite queens
    And then I don't feel so bad."
    One of your favourite queens. What a nice thing to say about me. Because I know you have a gay brother who is not just decorative, but useful too, I will battle down the masculinist impulse to protest only "one of", not "the"?, and just say instead:
    "I feel pretty,
    Oh, so pretty.
    I feel pretty, and witty and bright."
    Which just goes to show I can be as delusional as any tranny.
    Keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see a helpful post from you that doesn't have an anti-trans agenda in it.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20