Change Your World-NOT your Body

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Transmen Not Acting Manly?


The above is an unpublished comment I am choosing instead to highlight here in its own right. It speaks from the mouths of much of the trans female community and females seeking transition.

The commenter claims to be in the same "boat" as me, despite the fact that she is clearly sinking in the Gender Straight Jacket ocean that is drowning all trans females. She wants to draw a line in the sand between a REAL trans female, who looks, speaks, walks, performs, acts, etc like a REAL man and trans females who merely transition but still act girly.

First and foremost, having male friends, working out and being ignorantly mistaken for a male by a society that views everything through a Gender Straight Jacket lens, doesnt a male make. Were that the case I or any Butch for that matter, instead of having beautiful breasts and equally perfect pussys would have a "turkey neck and gizzards", to use Esther Greenwood's apt description of male genitals, hanging from our person.We dont.

She goes on to speak about her fears of other trans "GIRLY" females who might "invalidate" her as a man because they continue "acting" girly after transition. She says these trans females are using "gender" wrong because they are draining "gender" of its meaning. Apparently she missed a day in Trans 101 class where postmodernism's queer theory was explained. Butler would be so disappointed in her! Gender per queer theory is ALL performance, not a set performance of specific sex roles/behaviour but ANY garbage heap you want to drop into its awaiting empty can!

She claims trans females who do not perform man in a very specific way, are putting a "black mark" on the REAL trans females! Behaviour is number one in being a "real" trans person in her mind and in the rules of much of the whole trans community. Trans doesnt exist until medically create hormones hit the blood stream. And after that, no matter the performance, the patient is now trans until they cease taking hormones.

In her best Gender Straight Jacketed accent she says that one can "act boyish" whereby she puts Butch in parenthesis. Butch has nothing to do with acting anything, let alone boyish. As a female, EVERYTHING I do, say, wear, think etc IS female. Carrying female down unmarked roads, roads we've had to hash out for ourselves, roads with centuries of signs saying DO NOT ENTER or FOR MEN ONLY, does not negate one XX cell in our female bodies, not one. And as a VERY domestic Butch, my love of cooking and a clean home does nothing to invalidate other Butch women who may love sports or live under the hood of a car.

Besides, per the mental illness bible, transition is suppose to be the treatment for gender dysphoria, NOT something with which to co-opt sex/sex roles.

dirt

Share:

12 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've seen ftm's who act like this "manly man". They are the easiest ones to spot. Because they are working so hard to uphold what doesn't truly belong to them. This person is likely headed for mental trouble. I'm not saying I'm more trans or male than them, I'm just saying the lady doth protest too much. I can't even convince people I've known for years that I was born female. Why? Because I don't give a fuck about what they think and how male I appear to them . If you are *such* a guy, then be that with grace and poise. Gender is not a hobby or a career, and once you get done processing yours, you still have to be a whole human being. I'll admit that these goddamn identity-laden people are annoying. Each category and acronym sets you farther apart from other humans. But all these precious identity-kids are mostly 20 years younger than me and annoying in a million other ways *anyway*. They can say they are whatever they are, but I'm not learning anymore acronyms. I'm happy to be who I am and look how I look, but maybe that's just because I am incredibly, devastatingly handsome. ;) Peace y'all- unless you live at the Equator, it's summer outside and I strongly suggest you go swim in a river and take some time off of hating anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up the meaning of this new disease:

    "A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia.
    Gender identity disorder
    Transsexualism; Transgender
    Last reviewed: February 13, 2012.

    Gender identity disorder is a conflict between a person's physical gender and the gender he or she identifies as. For example, a person identified as a boy may actually feel and act like a girl. The person is very uncomfortable with the gender they were born."

    What exactly does that mean, act like a girl?!??! And yes I am uncomfortable AND pissed that being born a female means males will probably treat me like shit! But I call this "internalized misogyny". Symptoms:

    Are disgusted by their own genitals
    Are rejected by their peers, feel alone
    Believe that they will grow up to become a person with civil rights like the opposite sex
    Have depression or anxiety
    Say that they want to be respected by the opposite sex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely confused by this sentence,

    "You can act boyish (butch) and be a girl, but you cannot be a boyish boy-girl".

    What exactly is a "boyish boy-girl"? WTF does this mean?

    Butches aren't necessarily "boyish". They are females who reject traditional sex roles that are enforced on women. Refusing to play into sex stereotypes of femininity doesn't make a girl or woman a man.

    I think this person tries to say that some people should not "transition", but it all comes out strange sounding.

    "As an FTM, I actually agree with (most of) your posts. So many trans advocates act like there's no line between ACTUAL trans people and people who are transitioning for some other reason, and it invalidates my identity when these GIRLS who want to be guys but still act like..."

    Apparently, there is a line between girls and boys, and now there is a line between the ACTUAL trans (the real boys) and the GIRLS who aren't boyish or masculine enough.

    This person who was happens to have been born female is so utterly fixated on the idea that boys do certain things, X,Y, and Z which is considered "masculine" and girls do other "girly" things that I'm shocked. I know that transgender is supposed to be so cool and progressive, but this is nothing more than, new age, surreal and blatant sexism. What exactly does "acting like a girl" mean, or "acting like a boy or man" mean? Eliminate gender altogether instead of propping up male and female sex based stereotypes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In her best Gender Straight Jacketed accent she says that one can "act boyish" whereby she puts Butch in parenthesis. Butch has nothing to do with acting anything, let alone boyish. As a female, EVERYTHING I do, say, wear, think etc IS female. Carrying female down unmarked roads, roads we've had to hash out for ourselves, roads with centuries of signs saying DO NOT ENTER or FOR MEN ONLY, does not negate one XX cell in our female bodies, not one. And as a VERY domestic Butch, my love of cooking and a clean home does nothing to invalidate other Butch women who may love sports or live under the hood of a car.

    I love this paragraph...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too think that there are a few real transgenders and a whole bunch of transtrenders. But it has nothing to do with acting more boyish or girly. That's nonsense.

    I try so hard to get rid of the typical male and female roles, because all roles fit everyone. We choose who we are and gender doesn't restrict us.
    Then this person comes along and tells us how someone should behave.
    Some people just don't get it.

    Big

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ftm and agree with that guy. I also get pissed off when I see these so-called "genderqueer boiz" who are just young women who want to be characters in those stupid erotic magna stories they read. Taking T will NOT make you look like a skinny "fairy boy", I hope this blog scares some sense into the posuers (I'm def not saying everything is 100% true thoigh). These girly poseurs who want to transition to male and then run around in dresses, wear make-up with lilting voices should STOP calling themselves transgender and have their own kind of identity. If "furries" can have their own community then these confused little girls who want to be make-believe manga "fairy bois" can have their own. I can't be compared to a "furry" because I simply want to be a man (and I can care less if I end up looking mediocre) and a man isn't a mythical creature like a human-wolf hyrbid or a "fairy boy". Transsexuals are real people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *edit* TRUE Transsexuals are real people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Transsexuals are real people.

    *edit* TRUE Transsexuals are real people.


    I'm sure every transsexual thinks he or she is a TRUE one. It's getting confusing.

    Transsexuals are human beings, but sex reassignment surgery and hormones don't actually change a person's sex. I can't change my sex anymore than I can change my species. People know this, but we are forced to pretend that it's possible when we know it really isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome post, Dirt. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The person you quote writes "It's like there's no definition for gender anymore." I WISH!
    This and her other comments encapsulate the whole difference between the "classical" lesbian feminist / gay liberationist view of gender and that of the trans crowd. We strive to be rid of the gender straitjacket, while they cling to it as defining of their whole identity. How can so many gay men and lesbians have fallen victim to the idea that we all belong together under some "LGBT" umbrella?
    " ... as a VERY domestic Butch, my love of cooking and a clean home does nothing to invalidate other Butch women who may love sports or live under the hood of a car."
    A butch who's clean around the house? I'd swap you in an instant for my boyfriend and cat together, if you'd have me. The former is poking me in the ribs in a very un-femme manner and bidding me tell you that he both cooks and repairs the car. True, but I still can't persuade him that saucers come with cups for a reason.
    Gossipy, faggoty stuff, I know, but there is a (rather obvious) point: that any of us can dress in leather and at the same time collect lacy dolls, or sing along with "I feel pretty, oh so pretty..." and then go out and repair boilers. None of that means we have to get our sexual organs hacked off or gouged out.
    Dirt, we must get together and swap recipes sometime, like good soccer moms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Petre, I'm all for it. I grew up with a hillbilly gran who cooked and cooked and cooked some more daily. I KNOW how to cook. Plus a dad, several uncles and a half brother whom I saw cook with regularity.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Petre, I love your blog...

    ...you are such a great guy....

    http://glf1972.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20