Change Your World-NOT your Body

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Transwomen's Continued Efforts to RAPE Vancouver Rape Relief

A dear dear friend and member of the VRR collective sent me this link late yesterday evening. My friend, while upset at this latest escapade by the trans community (primarily hetero male transitioners aka autogynephiles), was angrier at the full arsenal that has long targeted the VRR of which this attack is merely a bullet.

The trans slanted article deceptively highlights a passive scene of male transitioners politely handing out anti-woman "pamphlets" to passers-by, while claiming VRR members were harassing said trans males simply because park authorities were called for unlawful distribution of pamphlet materials and anti women slogans chalked all over park side walks.

The only reason these trans males were there was because the VRR had a walkathon, raising monies for the collective to better help raped/abused women. That these males were more concerned with what they deem their own issues illustrates just how little they care about women. When one truly cares about women, womens issues, making the world a better place for women, one naturally sets aside the personal. These men however are nothing but about the personal, from trying to tear apart the very fabric of woman so they can re-sew woman to fit their ill shapen bodies, to verbally/physically harassing women whenever a woman says NO!

When a woman tells a male NO, no matter the circumstance and that male or men ignore that NO, that too is a form a RAPE!

dirt
Share:

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dirt!

    I commented on one of your posts a while back, a male transitioner who is pretty horrified at how the trans community at large is sticking themselves where they don't belong.

    I think I'm going to start a blog using common sense aimed at explaining why we aren't welcome in certain spaces and why that's bloody well OK.

    I know someone who wants to head down to that Michigan music festival, and swears up and down to me that she's as female as a woman-born-woman, and lord help anyone that wants to deny her entrance. "Transphobia!" she cries.

    That's about as "transphobic" as me getting into an argument with a Jewish person and them calling me anti-semetic.

    Enough is enough already. "Transwomen" do not belong in a rape crisis environment. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, yes, given statistically that most victims of rape are female and most perpetrators of rape are male, no female should be subjected to having to deal with males during a rape crisis, regardless of how they THINK they look or dress.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that, as I was looking for my credit card to make a donation to VRR. I'd like to tell anon, that as far as I'm concerned, the space he and his ilk don't belong in is the one genetically labelled Female. He/they can go play their destructo-genocide games elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both of you, and I don't need stats to see what's as plain as the nose on my face. This blog has opened my eyes to a whole world I didn't realize was out there -- I don't hang around or participate in gay, lesbian or trans communities -- nor have I ever.

    I can't believe a person that identifies as trans would even WANT to be a part of a woman-born-woman space, activity or support system. We AREN'T female, and it's ALWAYS lie after lie. How on Earth is one of us supposed to counsel someone who's been raped? It defies logic.

    I continue to be surprised with the issues Dirt brings to the forefront, and have absolutely no idea how to tackle them without being lynched. The last time I remarked to another trans person that we weren't female, I practically went deaf from the ensuing screaming.

    I wish there were more people like myself out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 8:54 pm

    If you know that you're not female, why are you transitioning???

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I can't believe a person that identifies as trans would even WANT to be a part of a woman-born-woman space, activity or support system. We AREN'T female, and it's ALWAYS lie after lie. How on Earth is one of us supposed to counsel someone who's been raped? It defies logic."

    Yes. Instead of trying to push into an existing female-only space, why not organise a male-trans-only or male-trans-specific rape counselling service? IMO they have every right to a closed safe space of their own, and hey, in that instance a male transitioner may be the perfect person to counsel others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this man who wants to volunteer was really a woman, he would understand why women who have been raped don't want to be counselled by someone who looks like a man. The fact that he doesn't, just affirms that he is a man.

    It also amazes me that someone who wants to be a counsellor, hasn't got the sensitivity and emotional intelligence to realise that in a rape crisis centre the needs and wishes of raped women come first, not the needs and wishes of counsellors or those who want to be counsellors. THat alone makes him an unsuitable volunteer counsellor.

    And protesting a fundraiser! What kind of shithead does that?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20