Change Your World-NOT your Body

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Vera Brittain-Testament of Youth

I surprisingly found Masterpiece Theater's moving portrayal of the feminist Vera Brittain's autobiographical account of her personal experience's with WWI, titled Testament of Youth on YT. See link here...

I have been rewatching it for the past few days and just finished it this morning, with both tears and smiles. I watched it originally when it aired in 1980. I recall even as a 12 year old, being quite moved and motivated for the next few years to learn all I could about the First World War, particularly the artists and poets that both died and survived its horrors.

Testament of Youth is both a good watch and an ever better read, I hope some of you take the time to watch the piece. Vera Brittain is an inspiration to all females, past, present and future!

dirt


Enhanced by Zemanta
Share:

5 comments:

  1. Wow! THANKS for that. & merry christmas to *you*, too.

    I'm dloading that first part, & will polish them all off over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think Mary.

    Merry Xmas to you and yours too!

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dirt. I had never heard of Vera Brittain and when I get home after work in the evening I continue where I left off.
    It bears at least 2 complete watchings for so much to sink in (for me anyway! lol)
    I hope you have a Happy Christmas and I pray your 2012 will find more people beginning to understand the deep issues you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EW,

    Merry Xmas! Please tell me what you think of it when you finish watching.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will. I'm listening a second time now - really listening for the messages I remember so well, but just got used to it all in efforts for survival.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20