Change Your World-NOT your Body

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Just to be Clear...

When I bring up the topic of dysphoria, whether dysphoria around women's breast's, women's pussys, women's periods, women's weight ad infinitum, these discussions have ZERO to do with trans! If as someone who is in the never ending state of transition chooses to partake, fine. But given that all females ingest massive amounts of misogyny from the day we're born, trans persons have not cornered the market on dysphoria!


dirt
Share:

6 comments:

  1. Yeah. I'm not so dysphoric about my body as I have been about girls/women's clothes all my life. I grew up in an era where girls had to wear dresses/skirts to school and on "dress up" occasions. While I was uncomfortable in the longest dress/skirt I could get away with in the era of miniskirts, I would have vastly preferred to be in a nice comfortable pair of trousers, a shirt and a sports jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! Every, really, EVERY female I heard talking about her body in RL said she is dysphoric about it and/or its functions. I don't even start about myself here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dirt, this is well said. Thanks for the reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good point, dysphoria is experienced by many women for many different reasons, people just come to different conclusions about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. almost every woman has issues with her body, and many men have them as well; i think transsexuals (before during and after transition) have the most of all. just because you can fool lots of observers does not mean you can fool yourself, at the end of the day...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20