Change Your World-NOT your Body

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dare to be Different-Patti Smith

...and the fifth angel sounded and i saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth; and to him was given the key to the bottomless pit...as a child i got stoned on the bible...a celestial baby...it made my heart beat harder...but a few things disturbed me. the relentless preoccupation for predestined order...my heart ached for the architect who wept as his tower was toppled...i read and re-reread this passage feeling a flaw: "and the lord said, behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and now nothing will be restrained from them, all which they have imagined to do-possible, go to. Let us go down, and there confound their language...that they might not communicate. To rob us of communication...of the universal tongue because we sought to create beyond the landscape...the artist in me was already aroused...and Satan...the first absolute artist-the first true nigger...one graced in high beauty w/ a fine position in the celestial order but he saw another... he was the first to have a vision of existence beyond what was imposed on him. He fell to disgrace not being evil but for exhibiting the anxious passionate recklessness of the artist... I was raised a Christian...yet I questioned...I questioned everything..." - Patti Smith

dirt
Enhanced by Zemanta
Share:

4 comments:

  1. To the dykes I knew back in the late 1970s, Patti WAS God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti is cool, and PJ Harvey (her "little sister"; they're somewhat similar in terms of music, I think) is cool also. Dirt, have you ever tried to listen to Hole (their first album is the only good one, called Pretty on the Inside), or maybe L7 (the only album of them that I have is Bricks Are Heavy, which is neat)? I have no idea what kind of music you like, please share? I'm always on the hunt for pleasant tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elias, PJ and Patti are night and day.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dirt doesn't like you Elias. No matter what kind things you say, she doesn't like you.

    Don't embarrass yourself. She has no desire to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20