Change Your World-NOT your Body

Monday, June 13, 2011

Gender Identity Disorder Doesnt Equal Trans

Not surprising amid all the hierarchical who's more trans that occurs within the trans community, there seems to be some serious confusion (especially by trans commenters) about GID and those who have suffered from the very same gender issues from early childhood onward but have not transitioned.

Symptons of GID in childhood are listed as:

  • Expressed desire to be the opposite sex (including passing oneself off as the opposite sex and calling oneself by an opposite sex name).
  • Disgust with their own genitals (Boys may pretend not to have a penis. Girls may fear growing breasts and menstruating and may refuse to sit when urinating. They also may bind their breasts to make them less noticeable.)
  • Belief that they will grow up to become the opposite sex.
  • Rejection by their peer groups.
  • Dressing and behaving in a manner typical of the opposite sex (for example, a female wearing boy's underwear).
  • Withdrawal from social interaction and activity.
  • Feelings of isolation, depression, and anxiety.
 Well that just about describes every baby Butch ever born and a whole slew of other females to boot!

Simply because a female has suffered (and/or been diagnosed) with most or all of these GID symptoms from early childhood on into adulthood, doesnt mean you are trans nor does it remotely mean you should transition, nor does it mean your pain is any greater or lesser than someone who does transition. 

The only thing that makes a female trans are the steps the narrow minded gender conformist male medical machine takes to physiologically change the female mind/body, through high doses of unsound hormone "treatment" and cosmetic surgery, in order for the patient to appear male looking. Obviously a biological female can never actually be a biological male.

Do not be confused by the trans agenda, this group is much more interested in adding numbers to is team than actually helping those in distress. Suffering from gender distress issues can be over come without transition. Transition doesnt cure GID, it only temporarily alleviates gender distress by displacing one's attention elsewhere, i.e. physical changes, which eventually cease.

The only real cure for GID/Gender Distress Issues is to work through them by learning to value and love the body you have.

dirt

Manifestly, the male medical machine that devised the list for GID symptoms is gender straight jacketed biased as is the list itself. So before anyone asks, I am not letting that slide and will write a post dismantling that this week. So please keep your comments regarding this post on the difference between those who have GID symptoms and not transitioned with those who have. 


Share:

8 comments:

  1. My gf was diagnosed with GID some years ago. She was under intense pressure from her girlfriend at the time (a "queer" woman, not a lesbian, who is now partnered with men again) to transition, call herself by a male name, take T etc. When I learned about Tmates, I thought of this woman.

    Instead of helping her work through her issues with her body (discomfort with breasts, menstruation), she encouraged it and made her feel all the worse in her skin and her body. And we know that sometimes when a man or woman doesn't feel right in their body, they try to alleviate that pain through therapy or alcohol, food, whatever.

    Of course, the ex refused to touch, desire, etc. those female parts of her. A body that was strong and got her through sports and physical labor was suddenly not the "right body." Particularly b/c she doesn't have a stereotypically womanly shape with the hips and waist, but has a straight shape with broad shoulders. Which plenty of heterosexual, feminine women also have, but with her it was all, "See, that means you should have been born a guy!" She (the ex-gf) would say things like, "You'll feel better if you transition," and of course, a lot of the people in the online b-f community (the only one available to her at the time) ENCOURAGED this crap with her.

    But something in her said, "I don't want to 'be a man.'" She was afraid of the effects of T. She didn't want to cut off her healthy breast tissue. Their relationship ended and that woman went back to partnering with men.

    And I get that she has discomfort with her body - most women do! I just know that she's beautiful and strong the way she is and I tell her that. But that doesn't mean that the effects of this pressure aren't there, the confusion, etc. I think getting older has also played a part in her coming to greater acceptance and comfort in herself. I guess until society can accept that males and females can look, dress, act, and BE all different shapes, sizes, etc. then it will forever be hard for butch females and effeminate guys (gay or straight) to feel "right."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is the best I've read so far. It has got me really thinking about the issue outside of all the personal attacks and arguments I see here sometimes in the comments section. dd, I especially like your comment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I think getting older has also played a part in her coming to greater acceptance and comfort in herself."

    One of the biggest problems with transitioning is that it's available at such a young age. In some countries you can be on T by the age of 18. It's so sad that so many young people just rush into transition, of course to get rid of the pain they're feeling, before they try anything else to deal with their gender dysphoria. Even worse: transition is presented as the only option to end their mental anguish, so most are not even aware of any other options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post Dirt : medical transition is the wrong answer to a real issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with DD & Amber. I have been on that end of being pressured by both past girlfrieds, friends within the 'queer' community and even (bad)therapist to transition due to my GID.

    The only thing that really helped me with my GID was getting older- and being with a woman, (who id's as lesbian) and who accepts me fully as a butch woman. She loves both me and my body unconditionally as is. Having someone who I trust and respect so much, in turn love me & MY BODY- has helped me to love myself more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JJ:

    How were your pressured? Was it subtle or not so subtle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Canadian

    Subtle from the gf. Suggesting ways to be more masculine, etc.

    Not subtle at all from my trans 'friends'. I was sat down by a group of them, intervention style and asked when I was going to come out as trans. What was even more insulting was that these friends of mine were all younger than me. They all kinda competed with each other to be more masculine. I guess they figured since I was extreamly butch at the time that I was like them. Like they just could not get it that I wanted to look the way I did, yet had no desire to transition. I was not the only one that they pressured to go trans either.

    But I saw every single one of my friends go on T and change. Every single one. And I mean change personality wise. Alas, our friendships grew apart as they all created a kinda 'boys only T club' type of click, which I didn't want to be a part of- or feel pressured to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and if the transkids can't physically be together now they can create those 'clubs' virtually over the internet which almost seems more dangerous with the disconnect and selective sharing

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20