Change Your World-NOT your Body

Friday, December 17, 2010

Why I Blog

There seems much confusion about what exactly it is I actually blog about and why. I'm reminded of Plath's last interview regarding her work where she said she "cannot sympathize with these cries from the heart that informed by nothing except a needle or a knife or whatever it is". There is a failure, like Plath so beautifully noted about the confessionalists, a failure to not only not recognize the big picture, but a failure to even look for it! This blog IS about the big picture, it IS about the view from a hill and it IS about seeing the forest as well as the fucking trees!

I do not blog because I am Butch, I do not blog because there is some correlation between Butch and transmen, there is none. I blog because I am female, female in a world that has historically systematically worked to put things into place that ensure I think that I am nothing, ensure that I despise myself, ensure that I secretly or not, hate other women, ensure males stay in power, ensure I believe females have no power, ensure I believe females beyond their vagina's or other orifices for a stiff penis have no worth, ensure I do not question male authorities or men in general, ensure I police women who do question men and male authority...and the list goes on and on and on.

Feminist in the last 50 years have covered many needed areas, areas regarding equality in jobs, schools, colleges, areas of race and religion, areas of sexuality, areas both large and small. But the area of queer theory (and I stress theory), postmodernism and antiessentialism's bastard child, a child that is single handedly responsible for hyper femininity and its enforcement on women and now even female children, responsible for the eradication of Lesbian Studies, responsible for Womens Studies being on the endangered species list, responsible for malecentrism and heteropatriarchy in Butch/Femme spaces, responsible for trans trenders, responsible for transmen and transwomen in women's colleges, responsible for helping to maintain strict gender norms, again and the list goes on and on and on. Queer Theory is the biggest and worse backlash against feminism since before feminism began! This blog dares to challenge queer theory in all its forms, including the area of "transition", an area that feminism hasnt had the guts to challenge.

Due to aggressive/slanderous and sometimes violent (as you have seen here) male tactics, feminist/lesbians rarely challenge the trans community. This is an area that has suffered from a serious lack of feminist/lesbian critical thinking as a result of trans repercussions or fear of trans repercussions. I probably have a dozen and a half female friends who believe they must keep their friendship with me a secret only because they fear if they didnt they might lose their PC driven academic jobs. Why? Because I do dare to challenge the misogyny that informs trans development and trans "treatment" from the male medical machine as well as trans ideology!

The brutal attempt to medically fashion a male or a female into an unnatural female or male is misogyny made real, this blog will continue to challenge and truth tell in hopes to spare just one female from the level of self hatred needed to transition, come what may.

dirt
Share:

22 comments:

  1. "But the area of queer theory (and I stress theory), postmodernism and antiessentialism's bastard child, a child that is single handedly responsible for ..."

    Yess!
    Queer theory is just more cages disguised as freedom. It's mantaining the status quo by using not the two usual boxes, but one hundred and more. The "neat little boxes" queer theory apparently despises ARE the essence of queer theory, because it couldn't exist without them, and in the end it creates even more of them!
    Without saying anything of all the inconsistencies which plague it...
    Frankly, the most surprising thing of all is, however, how queer theory and psychiatry got along so well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree. I also happen to think that the gender studies crowd has hijacked the word "essentialism," which doesn't mean what they think it does. In the Anglo-American philosophical tradition, it simply means that things and ideas have inherent worth. But they wouldn't know about that, because they limit themselves to a queer-theory approved reading list that doesn't go back much further than 1990.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work, Dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DIRT ALERT!!! Guess who i saw at Borders in Birmingham? The slimball was in the poetry section,propably finding some obscure passage to claim as her own. I think we should search every quote,to disarm this soldier of lies and hate.I took all I had to not walk up and punch her in her snide face.I think shed probably cry to the butch police. Nevertheless lets work harder and SMARTER to eliminate this waste where it belongs THE TOILET.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some readers of this blog are just hateful childish morons specially the sissy ones who pretend seeing Dirt everywhere (hey guys are u obsessed ? ;) and don't even dare talking to her :D

    So funny: no balls ! It is really "oh I saw you, I saw" very kindergarden. You saw her and so what ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon@6:42,

    Guess you were the coward who put the hate speech pamphlet under my windshield wiper? How brave!

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  7. a bunch of fake hipster girls with gigantic black frame glasses, skinny jeans, flannel button downs and Justin Bieber bangs wanting to bro it up with the bros because.....? why? how is that enough that we should be sympathizing with them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind seeing Dirt at Border's as I would want to sit and have coffee or tea and have a meaningful conversation with her. I may not agree with a lot she as to say but we all have our own differences and opinions.
    So what if she was in the poetry section? What's wrong with that?

    I'm FTM and would sit and talk to Dirt over some coffee or tea. We may not agree with each other but that's what makes us human. No two humans agree 100% with another human.

    I can say that I have learned a lot from reading Dirt's posts. I never really realized that so any young butches are claiming to be trans until I started reading what Dirt had to say about it. Then I realized that it is true. I've had a couple of my young butch friends ask if they could buy some on my T and I told them, Hell no!

    Dirt, I may not agree with everything you say but you do have some good posts that I do agree with.

    I wish there was more I could do to help but I am hardly online and I don't know any FTM's outside of the online community.

    ::Sips Coffee::

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey dirt, i think you are brilliant & I love your blog, don't ever let the haters get to you. it's heartening to see that real feminism isn't dead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am concerned. Dirt, you should be very careful where you travel and make sure not to be alone in any dark alleyways. It seems like people know where you live somehow. Be very careful, please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't agree with everything said; but dirt, dirt, dirt you are a beautiful woman. Stay brave.

    ReplyDelete
  12. [DIRT ALERT!!! Guess who i saw at Borders in Birmingham? The slimball was in the poetry section,propably finding some obscure passage to claim as her own.]

    Seriously, why are you stalking Dirt? No woman deserves to be harassed and threatened for what she says.

    [I think we should search every quote,to disarm this soldier of lies and hate.]

    She has the freedom to write whatever she wishes, and your actions are not proving her wrong in any way.

    [I took all I had to not walk up and punch her in her snide face.]

    How very mature. What are we, in grade school? Why don't you try walking up and talking to her like a human being? Who knows, maybe you'd be surprised.

    You stay classy, kid.

    [Guess you were the coward who put the hate speech pamphlet under my windshield wiper? How brave!]

    Facepalm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Brandon and I'd be more than happy to have a coffee with you too!

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will thanks to anon@5:49pm

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lily, you're a peach! And as long as there is breath in this here head, feminism will NOT die!

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Notebook, thanks for your concern, I promise to be careful.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anon@12:41

    First who ever agrees with everything everyone says, second thank for the lovely compliment!

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hex,

    Good morning, and they dont dare come up and talk to me, no matter what they might have done to their outsides, inside they are still frightened little girls.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dirt,
    Whatever our disagreements, you do not deserve this harassment. People should not be following you around. You should not be bullied, whether online or in person. Because you are a human, regardless of anything. These people who bully you make my ashamed to be human. You are a PERSON with thoughts and feelings. This stuff doesn't seem to get to you, but it gets to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dirt,
    I have to say I am a huge fan of yours (on my favorite list) :) Loving your blog site and completley imprest by your intellect. If you are ever in Denver my wife and I would love to hang. xoxo much love to you Dirt.
    FemmeMystique

    ReplyDelete
  21. FemmeMystique,

    Thank you. I have been toying with the idea to do some traveling maybe next year for some impromptu speaking engagements so perhaps if I make my way your way I could meet you and your wife.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a few days late but posts like this are EXACTLY why I read your blog. Thank you for fighting one of the tougher feminist fights online. NEVER LET ANYONE SILENCE YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20