Recently WPATH issued the above note desiring the "depsychopathologisation of gender variance" which in their narrow (white) hetero-patriarchal assessment are those males and females who do not and have not conformed to the naturalness of their born gender as outlined and policed by (white) hetero-patriarchy. WPATH would like GID/GI(gender incongruence) to be stricken from the DSM in much the same way homosexuality/lesbianism has been removed from the DSM in 1973/1986 as a pathological condition. While I do not wholly disagree with there desire, the removal of GID/GI would put a stop to the wasted funds of medical insurance companies and countries with national health benefits from utilizing tax dollars to foot cosmetic bills, thereby halting a middling to high percentage of trans drugging and cosmetic mutilations due to the high cost of such "treatments", making it unaffordable to many. In turn it is likely the medical community would seek alternative (mental) treatments to help those suffering from their brand of body dysphoria. I disagree that GID/GI is not a mental disorder, a disorder that clearly resides in the mind of a healthy body. But if its removal halts the current barbaric "treatment" of "transitioners" then I'm all for it!
What does trouble me though is WPATH's (and the likes thereof) application of the term "gender variant", a term the conformity-at-all-cost Queer theorist gave birth to, which now has become a common catch phase/badge of honor in and among Femme/Butch spaces with regards to Butch/butch women. This is the small minded thinking that first viewed homosexuality/lesbianism as a mental illness, a thing the likes of the Havelock Ellis's or Krafft-Ebing's ignorantly believed that they were doing the gay/lesbian peoples a favour by explaining to hetero-patriarchy that gays and lesbians couldnt help it that they were gay, they were born that way, i.e. defective and should be pitied rather than ridiculed.
And what exactly is a "gender variant" female? Here are some examples:
- If you prefer a short doo? YOU might be a GV!
- If you shop for clothes in the men's section due to the lack of choice in the ladies? YOU might be a GV!
- If you played/enjoyed games/sports labeled by hetero-patriarchy as "unfit for girls"? YOU might be a GV!
- If you played with/wanted toys found in the boys area? YOU might be a GV!
- If you do not lovingly embrace/enjoy your monthly period? YOU might be a GV!
- If you believe you deserve all the fucking perks and privileges enjoyed by men? YOU might be a GV!
- If you are a natural whiz at math, map reading and have great spacial skills? YOU might be a GV!
- If you are not wholly fulfilled by domestic chores??? YOU might be a GV!
- If you have no inclination to give birth? YOU might be a GV!
- If you prefer blues to pinks? YOU might be a GV!
- If you believe that doing the same job as a man you should earn the same amount of money? YOU might be a GV!
- If you enjoy fucking your g/f with a strap-on? YOU might be a GV!
- If you get pissed off when some pig male sexually objectifies you with his male gaze? YOU might be a GV!
If you are a woman whose every breath challenges and works to expand the gender jacket WPATH and the likes are desperately trying to fit you with, there is good news because WPATH is telling the medical world that even though you are a freak of fucking mans natural order it isnt your fault and you shouldn't be held accountable for your unnatural abhorrence's, you can easily conform (become normal) through the trannification process rather than choose to live an abominating life that expands what it means to be a female and upsets the natural hetero-patriarchal balance that has taken thousands of years for straight white men to create!
There is an infinite number of ways in which to be a woman and not a single one of them is any less womanly than the other, such as my being a Butch lesbian woman in no way indicates that how I do woman is less than or "wrong". It does mean however that because I challenge the MALE created confines of the MALE idea of woman that I am brave enough and strong enough to defy first and challenge second the female gender jacket MEN have stitched together for all women to wear. This makes me a woman warrior, NOT a "gender variant" freak who should be pitied!