Change Your World-NOT your Body

Monday, February 15, 2010

Radical Lesbian Feminist-Femme Lesbians-Butch Lesbians-Please READ















I see these types of jobs posted to various "trans" email lists regularly and rarely to NEVER see them passed along to lesbian lists by lesbians. We cannot complain that Womens Studies have been taken over my Mtf men of ftMISOGYNYSTS because they are more committed and organized about getting "trans" people into these positions when academic lesbians are sitting on the their hands biting their fucking tongues. 

I will post these jobs as I see them from here on out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if there is a rad lez out there in a position to apply for this job, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do! Because as men and male-centric women gain these positions the same patriarchy that has been dictating "woman" to us for the last 5000 years will continue to do so!

dirt
Share:

7 comments:

  1. Good on you for posting this job Dirt! Lesbians, we need to get it together with job support, getting the word out. I'm not kidding, MTFs are actually teaching feminist studies courses as we speak! "Gender" is a code word for erasure of women and lesbians.

    Thanks!! I'll pass on this job info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my first day of Introduction to Women's Studies, I raised my hand and said, "Is this gonna be a bunch of third wave, post-modern, queer theory bullshit? Because if so, I'm probably gonna scream." During that same class, I got into an argument with both the teacher and another student about how the goals of the trans movement are contrary to feminism. This resulted in my first official warning that if I didn't shut up, I'd be kicked out for being "disruptive". It was disheartening, to say the least, to learn that I had a better grasp of feminist theory than my fucking professor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm surprisingly lucid when drunk. Thanks to tequila, I have no memory of posting the previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach,

    Have a couple more shots then read/comment on my next post.

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alle for passing this on!

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Mary Daly was constantly threatened with losing her professorship because in her upper echelon classes she made them STRICTLY woman only, cuz she felt that only women (and especially Dykes) could relate to the new alternative women's/feminist/lesbian/matriarchal language and ideas that she was creating and neither did she want to cater to male egos! Somehow she got away with it for at least 8 years, but they constantly wanted to get rid of her! I dont' trust the university feminism b.s. anymore..it's all too queer and trans centric and dyke and womon erasing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got on a FANTASTIC blog I have to recommend to you Dirt and others! It's all about how FTM's are mistreating their partners and lovers once they get on the testosterone and all! It's called "Survivors of FTM Aggression" right here on blogspot!

    -in Sisterhood,
    -M.A. we're waking up one DykeAmazon at a time..labryis in hand!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20