What I sit here wondering though is in the US alone with stats like this:
- Women experience about 4.8 million intimate partner-related physical assaults and rapes every year.
- Intimate partner's kill approximately 33% of female murder victim.
- 84% of spouse abuse victims are females, and 86% of victims of dating partner abused are female.
- In the United States, 1.3 women are raped every minute. That results in 78 rapes each hour, 1872 rapes each day, 56160 rapes each month and 683,280 rapes each year.
- 1 out of every 3 American women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime.
- The United States has the world's highest rape rate of the countries that publish such statistics. It's 4 times higher than Germany, 13 times higher than England, and 20 times higher than Japan.
- 83% of rape cases are ages 24 or under.
- 1 in 4 college women have either been raped or suffered attempted rape.
- Only 16% of rapes are ever reported to the police.
- More than 75% of teenage prostitutes have been sexually abused.
- Nearly 50% of women in prison state that they were abused as children.
- Not to mention the untold emotional abuses suffered by women and children daily that is immeasurable.