Change Your World-NOT your Body

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Femmes are important too










A beautiful comment made to an older post of mine from a Femme last night. I often write of the value of Femmes, my value of Femmes but I sometimes forget their need to be validated, validated as subject instead of hetero object, their need to be validated as legitimate lesbians, their need for lesbian visibility, their need to have the fucking shame wiped from their bodies and minds, their need for Butch kindness and Butch love.

I will make more of an effort to write about Femme issues, because as a Butch we are in this together,  because without each other, neither of us really exist. Your eye, my eye equals us.

dirt
Share:

6 comments:

  1. Never underestimate what your words mean to us femmes. The occasional eye candy is nice too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you lately how much I care for you? Thank you for this sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara,

    Thanks so much sweetie!

    dirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally finding the femme who completes me has been the most fun, awesome, and healing thing that's ever happened in my life.

    As a butch, I just have to say:

    Femme rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Validation of Femmes... That's something I have never heard from the larger Butch/Femme community out there. It's nice...

    We Femmes need it - especially from our Butch counterparts (and the comments here prove it!). There is nothing like the support, care, and love of a true Butch. It's so affirming. It gives me strength and courage to face whatever discrimination/visibility comes my way.

    Thank you so much Dirt for supporting and caring for us Femmes. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The dirt from Dirt | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Distributed By Blogger Templates20